Tuesday, 10 September 2013

What is a Music Video?

Definition: A music video is a combination of visuals and music, usually of a short length (between 2 minutes and 6 minutes), used for promotional or artistic purposes.

Here are some music videos I like:

Major Lazer - Watch out for this(Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike Remix)
I really like this video because I think the music goes very well with the dancing. When the music beats the dancers dance to the rhythm, and this is probably because of the way they have edited it. I also like that it is really colourful, there are bright colours everywhere.


                                 

                                         Steve Aoki & Laidback Luke ft. Lil Jon - Turbulence


This Steve Aoki music video is a mixture of images of a real concert and studio produces videos especially for the video. It is quite surreal, and I think they are trying to show us the way they feel when they are on stage. What makes me think this is the way it is edited, because it shows us the people jumping up and down having a good time and then it shows us the artists and it almost looks like a hallucination. 

 This video is Avicii's Wake me up. In the video everyone stares at the two girls because they are different to them. They don't look very comfortable as no one seems to like them, so the elder sister goes to look for somewhere where they belong. It has some fast editing and some slow editing. Most of the editing is slow, but there is some fast editing when they are at the concert. There are a lot of close ups in the video; I think the close ups are to make us aware of little details, like the tattoo they have. I really like this video because I think the music goes rally well with the editing. When the music is slow the editing is slow and with not much action, and when the music is faster and happier, the editing is the same. 
                                       



No comments:

Post a Comment